Friday, August 23, 2013

Sneak?

Well, my dear dog Gracie had emergency surgery yesterday on her glands, which led to 2 unexpected days off from work to be with her as she adjusted to her pain medications and her 2 cones (since she figured out how to get around just 1). And although skipping work and spending time with my girl were bonus enough, so was the time I got to spend in the workroom while she was doped up on pain pills.

And yes, I realize this might be long overdue, but I finally have it all glued and assembled, with the exception of the roof.

And once I got it all together and sat and stared at it for several minutes, I realized that my floor plan needed some changin'. Oddly enough, my first idea that I really really wanted looks like it just might be the perfect idea for the space. And once I had that, the ideas just started flowing. And like a flash, I thought of the perfect resident for the space, which made it even easier to come up with decor and the next steps. Oh man, I'm in love. I can't wait to continue making progress.

Oh, who's the resident? Well, she doesn't have a name yet, but she has spent the last 15 years in New York City, working as a chef in high end restaurants. Due to a life changing illness she had, in combination with a nest egg she's been building for years, she decides to leave the city life behind her and move to a small beachside town to open the restaurant of her dreams.

I'll leave it there for now, but suffice it to say, just knowing who she is now has completely focused my design ideas, which makes it so easy to just start working - something I've needed to do for weeks. (BTW, is it weird that I have such a detailed back history for this resident?)

Okay, that's all for okay folks! I have some plans to work on it this weekend, so I'll post some updates again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment