Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spring Fling has landed!

So I did it. I ordered the Spring Fling. And seriously, in less than 72 hours, it was in my hands. I admit - as soon as I saw the box, I got nervous. Like "what if all of the ideas that I want won't work out?" and "so I'm really going to do this?"

I drew out my plans and then spent a good portion of Saturday, running around and getting supplies and other things to begin the bashing. I also discovered another "almost local" Dollhouse store about 45 minutes away, so I made the trek out there for some ideas. Man, it was so much better than my local store. The owner was very friendly and we talked at length about my plans. She also ran me through lighting and showed me some different options, which was invaluable.

And then I got to work on the house. I did a dry fit, and then jumped right in and started making cuts. And you know what? I think I can do this! It's been tricky trying to figure out some of what I wanted to bash (probably because I've never built a dollhouse before or constructed a mini house before) but I think I might just pull this off.

I'm wondering how much of my design and bash I want to show on the blog. I mean, it's going to be real boring if you just listen to me talk about the design, right? So I'm thinking I might just lay it all out here on the blog and show you step by step what I'm doing. I'll have some pictures on my next post, me thinks.

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

Oh, and if you're bored, you can always check out my big blog, 28 Cooks! It's much more exciting.

2 comments: